LOOKING FOR DIRECTION
IN THE WORD?
Topics of Interest:
- Love/Charity: 1 Corinthians 13 “The love chapter”
- Revelation 2-3: Christ addresses the 7 churches of Asia. There are many all-important truths and rebukes completely applicable to us now in being ready for Christ’s return.
- Fearing the LORD: Josh. 24:14; Ps. 2:11; 86:11; Prov. 1:7, 29; 8:13; 14:26-27; 22:4: Eccl. 12:13; Matt. 10:28; Lk. 12:5
- Sin: man’s core problem and dilemma: Gen. 3; 6:5; Jer. 17:5; Rom. 3; 1 Jn. 1:7-2:2
- Proverbs: There are 31 chapters in Proverbs. 1 per day for a month complete the book.
- Prayer: Matt. 6:6, 26:41; Mk. 1:35; Phil. 4:6; Col. 4:2,12
- Overcoming Sin: Romans 6; 13:14
- Forgiveness: Matt. 18:21-35
- Humility: Prov. 22:4; Matt. 20:20-28; James 4:6-10
- Spiritual Maturity: Heb. 5:11-14, 6:1-3
- Marriage/Dating/Divorce/ReMarriage: Deut. 24; 1 Corinthians 7
- Sermon on the Mount: Matthew 5-7
- The Written Word: Psalms 119
- 6 Principle (foundational) Doctrines of Christ: Heb. 6:1-3
- Correction/Rebuke: Gal. 6:1-2; Prov. 25:9; Matt. 18:15-17; 2 Tim. 3:16
- Sin/Grace Righteousness: Romans 1-5
- Obstaining From Fornication: 1 Thess. 4:1-8; 1 Cor. 6:13-19
- False Prophets/Teachers: Jer. 23; Ezek. 34; Matt. 23; Jude 1; 2 Pet. 2
- Spiritual Gifts: 1 Corinthians 12, 14
- Origin of all Life/Civilization: Genesis 1-11
- 10 Commandments: Exodus 20:1-17
- Love/Truth/Light: 1 John 1-5 First John Is Called ‘The Book of Certainties’
- Return of Christ: Luke 21:34-36; 1 Thess. 4:16-18, etc.
- God of Restoration: Luke 15, 19:10
- Disciple’s Prayer Model: Matt. 6:9-12
- Riches: Matt. 6:19-21; Luke 12, 16; 1 Timothy 6:5-19
- The Divinity of Jesus Christ: Gospel of John (Hi-Lite & cross-reference every reference to Christ’s divinity); Jn. 1:1-2, 14; 8:58; 20:28; Eph. 3:9; Col. 1:16-17; 1 Tim. 3:16; 6:15-16; Rev. 1:8
- Tongue Chapter: James 3
- Wisdom: Prov. 8; James 1:5; 1:13-17
Becoming familiar with these texts will help you in your own walk with the LORD and in helping others (being able to teach & refer to these passages). You will be well on your way to a rich and full life of Bible literacy & usefulness in God’s kingdom as you begin to learn the above listed topics of truth. Hi-Lite, underline, cross-reference.
“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:” 1 Peter 3:15
Let’s not come up empty handed any longer! Make the quality decision to learn God’s Word for yourself and stop depending on others. Embarking upon diligent topical and systematic Bible study is the answer.
“Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?” Proverbs 22:20-21
The Word of God is learned, one truth at a time, “But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little.” Isaiah 28:13
Consider Printing this out and placing this list with your Bible
Looking For Direction In the Word?
Bible Literacy Series
The Blessings of Bible Reading
Tribute To the Bible
Wanting Great Peace?
“The Thoughts of His Heart”
Why Did God Give Us His Word?
Biblical Case Against Naivety
Who Should I Believe?
The Original Gospel
Holy Word of God
The Believer and The Word
LET’S LEARN GOD’S WORD TOGETHER - ONE TRUTH AT A TIME: This message was sent out to each person who is on our Moments For My Master email devotional list. We would love to add you and have the privilege of nourishing your heart with God's Word (1 Tim. 4:6). Sign up here.