DOES GOD KNOW I LOVE HIM?
This is a severe message friend. It may do good to stop here and pray, asking the LORD to open your heart to what may be lacking in your personal walk with Him. Ask Him to grant you a teachable heart that desires the change He desires. He is the
Potter and we are the clay (Jer. 18:6).
"But if any man love God, the same is known of him." 1 Corinthians 8:3
Does God know you love Him?
"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth." 1 John 3:18
The big question is not whether or not God loves you, but rather: Does God know YOU love Him? Do you truly want the answer to this all-important question? Do you think the Bible may provide this answer? If your answer is “Yes”, you are correct.
"If ye love me, keep my commandments...He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." John 14:15,21
If you are not obeying (in the reality of your thoughts and deeds) the words of Jesus, you DO NOT love Him.
"He that saith, I know (love) him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth (obeys) his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him." 1 John 2:4-5
God does not know you love Him if...
- you don't seek His face in holy prayer communion? (Matt. 6:6; Ps 5:3, etc.)
- you don't love His Word and study, pour and meditate over it? (Jos. 1:8; Ps 119; 1Pet. 2:2; Jn 5:39)
- you do not love your neighbor as you already by nature love yourself? (Jn 13:35; 1 Jn. 4:7-8, etc.)
- you do not tell others about Him? (Mark 16:15, etc.)
- you do not give of your resources to His work and in particular, where you are receiving His Word? (Mal. 3:10; Gal. 6:6, etc.)
Perhaps the Savior is looking closely for some trace of His fruit of love in your life and is being blinded by your choices to serve self-interests instead of the business of loving Him and doing His will – advancing His kingdom.
EXAMPLE & RESULT OF THE INCONSISTENCY
Simply put, one simply does not love God if he is not obeying Him in these basic and practical ways that He instructed us to obey Him. For example, many are asking the LORD for more money or better jobs, etc., yet have not given Him even the tithe of what He has allowed them to earn up to this point. It should be noted that the tithe should always be directed to where the individual is being fed "meat" (receiving spiritual substance) – (Gal. 6:6; Mal. 3:10).
Questions to ask ourselves:
- How many people have been affected by my refusal to love them with God's love?
- How many times has the LORD prompted me to come apart and commune with Him in prayer and in His Word and yet I refused?
- How many times has the LORD told me to reach out to others with His love and truth and even given many different methods (your own testimony, the Word, Gospel tracts, emails, letters), and yet I refused?
- How many times has the LORD told me to give of the money He has given me to real ministries of brothers or sisters in Christ, and I didn't do it because those people didn’t work out of a church building or weren’t “official” enough to my carnal thinking?
- How many true ministers have been affected in their personal lives and ability to minister to others, due to my personal disobedience of withholding and greed?
- It is time for us to repent and get real or quit falsely claiming to be Christian. Do we think that God is fooled by our mere outward "form of godliness"?
"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power (rule) thereof: from such turn away." 2 Timothy 3:5
"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Galatians 6:7
Christ said that those who refuse His reign in their personal lives (render real obedience to Him) are His "enemies" and that they would be sent to hell in the end.
"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." Luke 19:27
Should we cease calling ourselves Christian (Christ-like) until we arrive at a place of full and complete repentance and begin obeying the basic truths Christ gave us? Friend, the LORD loves you enough to send you this message before it is too late (Gal. 4:16). He told us that only those who “doeth the will of my Father which is in Heaven” will be with Him in Heaven (Matt. 7:21).
ACTION ITEMS FOR THE REPENTANT:
- Get into prayer right away with the LORD and cry out to Him to brake you
- Read, study, memorize, and meditate upon God's Word
- Tell someone about Christ right away and how He is at work in your life
- Get your checkbook out and write a generous check to the ministry or ministries that are feeding you God’s pure Word
PRAYER TO REPENT: Dear Heavenly Father, please forgive my hypocrisy. Please forgive me for the idolatry of putting myself and other things ahead of You. I will serve You from this moment forward with my whole heart and in deed and in truth. Take over my life right now LORD Jesus. My mind, mouth, heart, hands, and money are Yours and they will now be used for Your glory. I lay my life in Your hands Jesus. Take me up and live through this vessel. Amen.