You should know that as a blood-bought disciple of Jesus Christ……
- I am not going to help you build your own vision or ministry. In God’s eyes, you have no authorization to build your own ministry, and if you attempt such, I will not help or assist you or be brought under the evil condemnation that I am obligated to submit to you as you rebel against the LORD you claim to be serving. I refuse to betray Christ and therefore will not join you in your rebellion if you ever begin building your own work/kingdom in lieu of Christ’s.
- When I give financially, it is not always going to be within your 4 walls. You calling and ministry is one of several true ones. I will obey the leading of the divine Person of the Holy Spirit who told us in His Word that when the money came in, “distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.” (Acts 4:35) Today, the visible church is apostate and the money model it espouses is for the self-serving benefit of the leader(s) and not according to the biblical revelation. In the early church, not all the money, not even a majority percentage of it, went to the leaders. Everyone - every individual believer and ministry - was important in the early church. This is the kingdom way and I will operate accordingly as this is the biblical revelation and therefore God’s way to handle/steward money.
- I will not be coerced by any manipulative language to pour my money into your physical church-building program. Jesus never built even one physical building to further His kingdom. His true kingdom is only built in the hearts of men (Lk. 17:21).
- I possess a kingdom mindset and will do nothing outside of lifting up and worshipping the King of the kingdom and being used to see His true kingdom/church built as He promised He would do (Matt. 16:18; 1 Cor. 2:2; Gal. 3:1; Col. 2:18-19).
- Pastor, you are a mere man and I am not impressed with you because my heart’s affections are set upon the LORD Himself. No one compares to Him. I will honor, respect, and co-labour with you in His kingdom fellowship and work, but only as you follow God’s Word and Holy Spirit (Who will never lead you in contradiction to the Word). Jesus will always be my supreme Master and not you or any other man. If you do not preach this Bible truth and seek to lead others to render loyalty to you, you are a wolf, hireling, and false prophet (2 Cor. 1:24; 8:5).
- My loyalty to Jesus is my supreme loyalty and church attendance at your building has little to do with my relationship with Him. I fully understand that fellowship with other true born again, truth-loving saints is very important, but your little church program is not the only place to get that kind of godly fellowship. God’s kingdom is simply not limited to your little local fellowship and for me to share fellowship with other true believers I do not need your permission and will not ask for it (Acts 2:42-47).
- I am not going to blindly or unduly “submit” to you nor your leadership unless you are following God’s Word and truly watching for the souls of those you lead (Heb. 13:7, 17). When we read the WHOLE truth in Hebrews 13:7 & 17 we see that these 2 things are essential when measuring who to “submit” to. I am under Christ’s lordship and not yours.
- Have you truly studied 1 Peter 5:1-6, Acts 20:20-32, Jeremiah 23, Ezekiel 34, and Matthew 23?
- Have you considered repenting of doing things your own way and coming off of your power trip (sinful pride)? Isn’t it time for you to die to yourself, your own desires and agenda to build an income or ministry and truly lay down your life for the LORD and His people? Isn’t it time that you practice the simple truth the Word commands – to deny self, take up your cross and follow Jesus? (Lk. 9:23-24)
- When is the last time you preached the true law and Gospel outside of your pulpit? Do you care for lost souls? If so, do you have evangelistic proof in your daily activity? Are reaching out with the Word to win lost souls and exhorting other disciples in the same?
- What eternal value is there in building that physical building? Is that just a ploy to have a bigger place for you to perform in and to feature yourself and your “ministry”? What about investing the money in local missions, the poor, the needs of those people right under your nose, and the support of other ministers in your very midst? Is your calling any more valid or important than any other member of the body of Christ?
- I am fully aware that you do not have nail-scarred hands and feet and even if you did, your blood is contaminated with sin and would not have redeemed anyone. It’s time to elevate Jesus Christ alone and forsake using your position of leadership for your own glory (2 Cor. 3:5; 4:5). - “was Paul crucified for you?” (1 Cor. 1:13) You are going to give answer to the Almighty (James 3:1; 4:17).
- The LORD told me in His Word that I am bought with His holy blood and am not to serve mere men - “Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.” (1 Cor. 7:23
) Submitting to Christ is priority and must be first and foremost in priority (2 Cor. 8:5).
- I will not participate in your “ministry” if in fact and deed you do not profoundly honor God’s written, holy Word as final authority and preach it only. The Holy Bible must be the only Textbook for life and godliness among His true remnant (Jn. 10:35; Rom. 3:4; 2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:3-4; 16-21).
Has your pastor read this one? Tell him I asked you to give it to him to read. If he has any questions or comments, he can contact me. todd@SafeGuardYourSoul.com
PASS THIS ON
Essentials of False Leaders
Finding a Good Fellowship
Open Letter to all who Lead/Follow
True & False Authority
Power of Life & Death
Characteristics of Pharisees
What about the False Teachers?
Where Is Jesus In All This Noise?
Belly of the Matter
The Original Gospel
God of All Comfort
Biblical Case Against Naivety
Who Should I Believe?